References / Scientific Publications
We have published many scientific papers in different journals and conferences. Some of them are listed here:
- M. Elfarra and M. Kaya, "Estimation of Electricity Cost of Wind Energy Using Monte Carlo Simulations Based on Nonparametric and Parametric Probability Density Functions", Alexandria Engineering Journal, Vol. 60, No:4, 2021, pp. 3631-3640.
- M. Kaya and M. Elfarra, "Taper Stacking for the Aerodynamic Performance of Wings", Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology, Vol. 92, No:7, June 2020, pp. 1101-1110.
- M. Kaya, "A CFD Based Application of Support Vector Regression to Determine the Optimum Smooth Twist for Wind Turbine Blades", Sustainability, Vol. 11, No:16, Aug. 2019, 4502.
- M. A. Elfarra, "Optimization of helicopter rotor blade performance by spline based taper distribution using neural networks based on CFD solutions", Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics, Volume 13, No.1, 2019.
- M. Kaya and M. Elfarra, "Effect of taper modification on the performance of NREL VI wind turbine blade for low and mid wind speeds", Wind Engineering, Volume 43, No 4, pp. 392-403, 2019.
- M. Kaya and M. Elfarra, Optimization of the Taper/Twist Stacking Axis Location of NREL VI Wind Turbine Rotor Blade Using Neural Networks Based on Computational Fluid Dynamics Analyses", Journal of Solar Energy Engineering - Including Wind Energy and Building Energy Conservation -, Vol. 141, Issue 1, Feb. 2019
- M. Kaya and M. Elfarra, "Investigation of the Effect of Taper Stacking Location on Aerodynamic Loads for ONERA M6 Wing at a Fixed Angle of Attack", Journal of Aeronautics and Space Technology, Volume 12, No. 1, 2019.
- M. Elfarra and M. Kaya, "Comparison of Optimum Spline Based Probability Density Functions to Parametric Distributions for the Wind Speed Data in terms of Annual Energy Production", Energies, Vol. 11, No:11, Nov. 2018, 3190.
- M. Elfarra and M. Kaya, "CFD Analysis of the Effect of Parabolic Taper Distribution of an Untwisted Helicopter Rotor Blade", Journal of Aeronautics and Space Technology, Vol. 11, No. 2, Jul. 2018, pp. 59-70.
- M. Elfarra and S. Silini, "Technical and Economical Evaluation and GHG Analysis of Wind Power Generation in Four Sites Using Different Weibull Parameters", International Journal of Renewable Energy Research, Vol. 8, No. 3, 2018.
- M. Kaya and M. Elfarra, "CFD Based Optimization of Oscillatory Wing Motion for Maximum Energy Harvesting from Wind", International Journal of Renewable Energy Research, Vol. 8, No. 1, 2018.
- M. Demiral and F. Kadioglu, "Failure behaviour of the adhesive layer and angle ply composite adherends in single lap joints: A numerical study", International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives, 87, 130-141 (2018).
- F. Kadioglu, E. Avil, M. E. Ercan and T. Aydogan, "Effects of overlap length on the strength of bolted, bondedand hybrid single lap joints with differentadherend materials and thicknesses", Journal of Materials Science and Engineering A 8 (3-4) 76-83 (2018).
- M. El Zaroug, F. Kadioglu, M. Demiral, and D. Saad, "Experimental and numerical investigation into strength of bolted, bondedand hybrid single lap joints: Effects of adherend material type and thickness", International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives, 87, 130-141 (2018).
- H.E. Konokman, A. Kayran and M. Kaya, "Aircraft Vulnerability Assessment Against Fragmentation Warhead", Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol. 67, Aug. 2017, pp. 215-227
- M. A. Elfarra, N. S. Uzol and I. S. Akmandor, "Investigations on Blade Tip Tilting for HAWT Rotor Blades Using CFD", International Journal of Green Energy, Volume 12,Issue 2, pages 125-138, 2015.
- F. Kadioglu and R. D. Adams, "Flexible adhesives for automotive application under impact loading", International Journal of Adhesion & Adhesives, 56 73–78 (2015).
- F. Kadioglu and R. D. Adams, "Investigation of the glass transition temperature and damping of an acrylic/epoxy bonding tape using the peak damping method", Journal of Adhesion, 94(13), 1067-1081.